Summer Sailstice - Photo Fun!
We all have a little bit of artist in us and I'll bet it's just bursting to get out! Give your inner artist a day out on the water! Mix your artistic side with your adventuresome water side.
How it works!
Take the list of photos provided below and sail around and try to get as many of the shots as you can. You turn them into the Summer Sailstice Photo panel and we score and judge who will be the winner!
Submit photos before the Summer Sailstice even on Treasure Island on Saturday, June 20th. Join us on Treasure Island for the announcement of the winners! You'll need to be present to win.
To assure that the photos are taken specifically for this event, please showcase the paper doll, like the one below, in
every one of your photos. Download the document and decorate the doll however you’d like.
10 point items*
1. Your crew with a seal in the shot. +1 Bonus points for each additional seal.
2. Your crew holding up Alcatraz. Pun intended!
3. Your crew supporting the Golden Gate Bridge.
4. Your crew waving at a ferry - with folks on board the ferry waving back!
5. Get a photo including the crew feeding a sea gull from the back of the boat while underway.
20 point items*
6. Your crew inside McCovey Cove pretending to PLAY BALL!
7. Catch a boat with a fender over the side… we like to call these “OH FENDERS!” and if you catch them
doing it again, guess what… they are now “REPEAT OH-FENDERS!”
8. Act like an Angel in front of Angel Island.
9. Pretend to get picked up by the cranes in Jack London Square.
10. Fish a piece of trash out of the Bay and get a photo of the operation. Be sure to hang on tight and to
throw it in the TRASH when you're done with your shot!
11. Snap a photo of one of your crew placing a lighthouse into position.
12. Get a shot of Red Rock.
13. Sail through Aquatic Park and get a shot of a swimmer in the water.
14. Capture a ketch or a yawl or some non-sloop sailboat.
15. Enjoy a cocktail in your cockpit once you’re safely back at the dock.
* 1 extra point for each additional crew in the shot!
Please go to this site for details on how to add your photos:
We will score photos and announce the winner at the Summer Sailstice party on Treasure Island on Saturday,
June 20, 2009. Winners must be present at party to claim prizes. Winning photos will be displayed on the
Sailstice website: www.summersailstice.com/sf/
HAVE FUN! BE SAFE!!!
One year we had a wooden spoon be the object that needed to be in the photos... here are a few photos of folks having some fun on film...
John Arndt and his crew sure did get into the spirit!
I was on board with this motley bunch. This shot was in front of Treasure Island. We did use a plastic spoon instead of a wooden spoon so I suppose we would have lost points for that! And we were on a powerboat...shhhh don't tell anybody!
Here's my clan in front of Angel Island!
Here we are with Alcatraz!
Log onto the Summer Sailstice website sign up to win prizes.