Sailing School & Instruction
US SAILING Keelboat System - Standardized Guidelines For Sailing Instruction and Training
Participation in US SAILING's Keelboat Certification System gives you access to the highest standards for sailing instruction. With certified and Coast Guard Licensed instructors we provide the most comprehensive sailing education program from Basic Keelboat to Offshore Passagemaking. Once you are US SAILING certified you have a passport to sail all over the world.
- Basic Keelboat
- Learn all the fundamentals - the foundation for all future sailing. Designed for those with little or no experience skippering tiller boats perfect for anyone looking to strengthen sailing skills. Taught onboard the Colgate 26', a boat specifically designed for training.
- Basic Cruising
- Further your understanding of sailing on board larger sloop-rigged cruising keelboats with auxiliary power, wheel steering and in-board diesel engines.
- Bareboat Cruising
- The vessels used for this course are 35-45' sloop-rigged cruising keelboats with wheel steering and inboard diesel power. This course involves navigation skills, anchoring skills, and vessel management and knowledge.
- Coastal Navigation
- Learn the art of coastal navigation. Includes dead reckoning techniques, chart reading, position determination (fix), and much more. Great prep course to "finding your way" out on the water, extending day trips, and visiting new locations.
- Celestial Navigation
- A valuable type of navigation particularly for those preparing for the OFFSHORE PASSAGE MAKING. Hands-on training in the use of the sextant to fix your location far out of sight of land.
- Coastal Passage Making
- Taught along the Central California Coast, this program qualifies graduates to sail club boats in the ocean and to skipper in the most challenging vacation destinations worldwide
- Offshore Passage Making
- In this, the pinnacle of US SAILING courses, you will finalize the skills necessary to confidently cross oceans