Join Our Team
Club Nautique is the premier sailing and powerboating school and yacht charter company in the Bay Area. We are known for providing best in class sailing and power instruction on the best charter fleet in the Bay. We are dedicated to delivering the best boating education and inspiring our customers to get out on the water. Come join our team and be a part of the fun!
We currently have an opening for a full-time Senior Accountant/Finance Director.
Senior Accountant/Finance Director
We’re looking for an experienced senior-level accounting/finance professional who is familiar with the dynamics of a small business. The ideal candidate would be someone with impeccable attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and experience with both day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting as well as financial management reporting. Someone looking for a challenge transitioning/modernizing accounting systems and reporting. Experience with subscription or membership-based businesses is a plus.
This individual contributor role oversees all day-to-day aspects of financial management for the company across accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and cash forecasting, as well as providing reporting to the owners that provides clear visibility into the financial health of the business. The role also oversees human resources functions and manages third-party vendors that provide HR and benefits services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Financial reporting and preparation of financial statements
- Month-end and year-end close processes
- Cash management
- Sales tax reporting
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Legal compliance and financial controls
- Minimum of 5+ years of finance and accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of QuickBooks Online (ProAdvisor Certification strongly preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to work with lookups and pivot tables)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and with members and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and determination
- Someone with serious attention to detail. Your attention to detail is second to none. You never forget a number.
- Someone who is a great communicator and can add to our collaborative team environment.
- Someone who knows creativity extends into the operations world. You’re entrepreneurial and creative, and always looking to come up with solutions to improve processes and efficiency.
- A passion for boating a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare including medical and dental
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings
- Club membership, discounts on charters, free sailing and powerboating lessons, and the use of class boats after successful completion of classes
- A fun and collaborative office environment
If you are ready to become a valued, contributing member of the Club Nautique team please send your resume to email@example.com new email