Memorial Day Cruise –
San Francisco Bay – Moss Landing – Santa Cruz & Half Moon Bay 2014
May 22nd – May 26th
Come join us as we jump start summer on Memorial Day weekend with a coastal trip from the San Francisco Bay down to Monterey Bay, Carmel Bay – Split Water Cove, Santa Cruz & Half Moon Bay – Pillar Point Harbor! What a fantastic way to enjoy the California Coast! We’ll be headed down “flotilla style” with a group of about 10 boats from Club Nautique as well as members on their own boats. We had a blast last year! You won’t want to miss it!
Thursday, May 22nd
1600 – Board yachts & pre-cruise
2018 – Sunset
Friday, May 23rd
0345 – Position check w/ Eureka! on VHF ch.69
0400 – Depart for Moss Landing under GG Bridge (0.4 knot flood)
0419 – Slack before floot at GG Bridge
0553 – Sunrise
0800 – Position check w/ Eureka! on VHF ch.69 & provide your ETA Moss Landing
1200 – Position check w/ Eureka! on VHF ch.69 & provide your ETA Moss Landing 85.0 nm
1600 – ETA Elkhorn Yacht Club (tide +2.5′ rising). Upon entering breakwater, hail Eureka! on VHF ch.69 for slip assignment & docking assistance.
1700 – It’s 5 o’clock somewhere & the bar is open at Elk Horn Yacht Club.
1900 – Group dinner at Elk Horn Yacht Club
1937 – High Tide (+5.0′)
2014 – Sunset
Saturday, May 24th
0553 – Sunrise
- Depart for Santa Cruz and enjoy the Board Walk
- Head to Still Water Cove for brunch then head to Santa Cruz
- Go check out Monterey then head to Santa Cruz in time for the 1700 cocktail party.
1700 – Dock party: Mai Tais aboard Eureka! bring an hors d’oeuvres to share. Prize for the most popular hors d’oeuvres. Connect with cruising buddies for dinner afloat or ashore. Boardwalk anyone?
2016 – Sunset
Sunday, May 25th
0800 – Depart for Half Moon Bay. All vessels should monitor VHF 16 & 69 in order to render assistance or relay transmissions if needed.
1600 – ETA Half Moon Bay, Pillar Point Harbor. Contact harbor master on VHF Ch. 16 or 650-726-4382 for slip assignment (85¢/foot/night) & ask to be assigned a slip with Club Nautique’s flotilla. 49.0 nm
1700 – Dock Party. Bring your favorite beverage concoction to Unleashed. Prize for the most popular drink! Chips & dips will be provided.
1900 – Dinner on your own.
2020 – Sunset
Monday, May 26th
0800 – Depart for San Francisco Bay
0935 – Maximum flood at Golden Gate (3.0 knots)
1200 – ETA Golden Gate (1.0 knot flood) 28.0 nm
1256 – Slack before ebb at Golden Gate
2022 – Sunset
Total Mileage 177.0 nm
- Passage times are based on 7 knot SOG (27.25′ waterline at hull speed)
- Eureka! will monitor VHF channels 16 & 69. Use ch.69 for group communications.
- Cruise is designed for experienced (CPM certified or better) ocean sailors looking to maximize sailing time & miles.
- Participation is open to Club Nautique members & their guests aboard Club vessels or members’ vessels & Club charter vessels.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to conditions beyond organizers’ control, such as weather.
- Participation in the Cruise is at participants’ risk. Each skipper is responsible for the safety of his/her vessel and crew. No liability is assumed or implied by Club Nautique, its staff, or owners.