Memorial Day Cruise
San Francisco Bay – Monterey – Santa Cruz – Half Moon Bay
May 26 – May 30
Attention Blue Water Cruisers!
Join us for Club Nautique’s annual Memorial Weekend Cruise to Monterey Bay. 200+ miles of blue water cruising with port visits in Monterey, Santa Cruz, and Half Moon Bay and lots of fun events including wine & beer tasting, yacht club group dinner, dock parties, and much more.
Tentative Cruise Plan
Thursday, May 26
Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge at 0600 hours for a late afternoon arrival in Monterey. Welcome wine & beer tasting aboard Mother Ship, Eureka! Thursday evening.
Friday, May 27
Enjoy the sights of Monterey, Fisherman’s Wharf, Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row. Sail for Santa Cruz if you want a day at the Beach Boardwalk or stay another night (depending on slip availability).
Saturday, May 28
Soak up the sunshine in Santa Cruz, ride the Big Dipper and eat cotton candy, but don’t miss the Monterey Bay Margarita Madness Dock Party at 1630, followed by a group dinner at Santa Cruz Yacht Club.
Sunday, May 29
Set sail for Half Moon Bay and trade sea stories over cocktails at Half Moon Bay Yacht Club before dinner.
Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
Head for home and ride the flood current through the Golden Gate.
Please call the front desk for instructions on submitting the above form.
- Passage times are based on 7 knot SOG (27.25’ waterline at hull speed)
- Eureka! will monitor VHF channels 16 & 69. Use ch.69 for group communications.
- Cruise is designed for experienced (CPM certified or better) ocean sailors looking to maximize sailing time & miles.
- Participation is open to Club Nautique members & their guests aboard Club vessels or members’ vessels & Club charter vessels.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to conditions beyond organizers’ control, such as weather.
- Participation in the Cruise is at participants’ risk. Each skipper is responsible for the safety of his/her vessel and crew. No liability is assumed or implied by Club Nautique, its staff, or owners.