Coastal Powerboat Cruising
This course is designed for people with previous powerboating experience who would like to take their skills to the next level and who plan to do coastal cruising.
Curriculum includes handling heavier, more powerful and complex yachts. Class is taught on a 43′ twin screw trawler and includes four days living aboard outside the gate up and down the California coast. Course focuses on navigation, fuel management, crew management, and heavy weather tactics. Graduates may charter trawlers up to 50′ on ocean waters.
- 4 days live aboard course in coastal waters
- Short classroom presentation
- Extended time on water
- Maximum 4 students per class
- Stay aboard class boat each night
- 4 hour Bay Cruising Workshop included in price of class.
- Course guaranteed (with restrictions) – Free retakes until you pass
- Additional shared fuel cost
- Additional provisioning extra
- You have 30 days after you are certified to apply 100% of the cost of your lessons toward a Club Nautique Powerboat membership!
Regularly $2500 + shared fuel cost.
Inshore and Twin Screw Powerboat Cruising or equivalent experience, US Sailing Coastal Navigation.
This class is guaranteed!
Start Powerboating Right, US Powerboating
Included in cost of class.
Plus US POWERBOATING supplement