Half Moon Bay – Halloween Rendez-Boo!
October 19th – 21st
Our trip to Half Moon Bay is the perfect example of why you would want to be a part of Club Nautique! We don’t just train you to go coastal cruising, we encourage it and we love it so much, we do it with you! This is one of our favorite trips of the year. We cruise down “flotilla style” with a group of 15 – 20 boats with crews from Club Nautique, and members in their own boats. We carve pumpkins, we go hiking, we head into town to visit beautiful Half Moon Bay, we enjoy the local hospitality at Half Moon Bay Yacht Club, we dine at the great nearby restaurants, we have cocktail parties and host various contests. There is just so much good cheer, you won’t believe how much fun you’ll have! Start your annual tradition of fun coastal adventure and camaraderie!
Friday, October 19 –
0716 – Sunrise
0930 All yachts rendezvous at South Tower of Golden Gate Bridge for casual check-in and head out towards Half Moon Bay
1400 – 1500 – Arrive Pillar Point Marina – Call Harbor Master for berth assignment on channel 16 then switch to another channel as per Harbor Master.
1600 Cocktail Party on Dock – judge & taste each other’s Hors d’oeuvres & Cocktails.
1822 Sunset – Howling optional
1830 Dinner on your own
Saturday, October 20 –
Free Day. Breakfast & lunch on your own. Ideas for the day:
- Rent some kayaks and explore the local beaches
- Take a hike in the beautiful surrounding hillsides and beach fronts
- Relax and enjoy the local flavor, bring along a bbq and cook up some fresh fish that you buy from the local fishermen.
- Spend the day slaving over your Pumpking carving and your best Witches Brew!
1700 Cocktails and pumpkin presentation on the dock. Along with awards and cocktails.
1900 Group pot luck dinner on the dock and in the cockpits of our boats! Let’s get creative!
Sunday, October 21 –
Departure for Golden Gate at your leisure –
- Charter a boat & join in the fun (must be CPM certified). Cost is your charter costs and berthing fees along the way. Be sure to contact Club Nautique and let them know you’ll be joining us.
- Join a list of those interested and we’ll get chartershares together. We’ll need CPM certified skippers to assume skipper duties. We recommend that you have had some open sea experience. All participants will be asked to split charter cost, provisioning and berthing fees. Availability is limited.
Approximate cost will depend on how many people you want on your boat. For a member to charter a 36′ to 41′ ocean rated vessel weekend ranges from $1293 – $1661. Depending on the size of boat that you would like to charter cost will vary. We’ll do our best to see that everyone is comfortable with their accommodations.
- Tag along in your own boat! Members of Club Nautique with their own boats are welcome! Please contact to let us know that you’re interested.
YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS THIS!
Enjoy the local activities
Partake in the witches brew contest
Carve your pumpkin and compete to win prizes and bragging rights